How much ever you try and work towards it, there are days when you feel weight loss is an impossible mission to attain. But having to shed a few pounds does not mean you have to stop dreaming about your favourite food and change the meal plan entirely. The key is to know what to do when. Mornings are the best time to get started to work on losing weight. When you follow a habit of exercise or any other habit, you are actually setting the metabolism rate for the day. This means, your body will be energized and will keep burning calories throughout the day. Exposure to the morning light have also been reported for 20 percent a person’s Body Mass Index or BMI. When the body does not receive sunlight, it can lead to desynchronizing the internal body clock and thus leading to an increased weight gain.
4 Healthy Activities That Help you to Promote Weight Loss Fast:
So, it is time to pull up the socks and not snooze your morning alarms. Start today for a healthy living. Planning this is simple. Just be cautious of your morning activities and the rest we will tell you.
Top Weight Loss Proven Drinks:
So, here is the best way to kick start your day. Remember to be on the healthy side and take a vow to eat healthy. Here is what you can take in the morning.
1. Water: A humble beginning is always good. Start drinking at least two glasses of water on the empty stomach, immediately after you brush. For some people, their appetite has greatly been comprised thereby restricting their food intake throughout the day. Water will help increase the percentage of calories your body will burn. Start your day with two glasses of water to stay hydrated and to effortlessly lose weight quickly. Also, remember to gulp down tow glasses of water after your workout in the morning. Yes! Workout is a must.
2. Tea: Tea is another healthy drink that will reduce your weight. Cinnamon tea works best in the morning. Black tea is more oxidized than oolong and green tea. Black tea has flavones in it and thus promotes weight loss, a reduced BMI or Body Mass Index and waist reduction. Substitute your coffee with black tea. Here’s how to make it.
- a. Boil a glass of water and to it add half a teaspoon of tea powder.
- b. Switch off the flame and strain it into a cup.
- c. Enjoy with half a spoon of sugar.
Remember to take this tea daily. Alternatively, you can also take green tea, that has anti-oxidants that are called catechins. Catechins are known to reduce weight and burn fat.
3. Shake: What if we told you can shed some pounds with a healthy roasted apple shake? Apples contain pectin, that mixes with water. This will limit the amount of fat that your cells can potentially absorb. The rich fibre content in it, will keep you full for a long time and hence prevent you from over eating. Therefore, a good serving of a glass of shake is ideal for a breakfast. Here’s how to make one.
- a. In a mixer, add the cut apple pieces and two spoons of yogurt to it.
- b. Add the lemon zest and cinnamon for flavour. You can add some honey for taste.
Enjoy this power rich smoothie every day.
4. Detox: How about a complete body detox? The essential step in favour of burning the fat is to clear your body off the toxins. Flushing out the toxins off your body will make you feel infinitely better. Lemon has flavonoids in it, that are high on anti-oxidant properties. The vitamin C and potassium in it, will help lower the risk of heart diseases as well. In an empty stomach, try to drink this magic portion.
- a. In a tall glass of luke warm water, squeeze one full lemon.
- b. Mix well and drink on your empty stomach.
Lemon water is also known to slow your digestion, that helps in faster nutrient absorption.
5. Smoothies: How about an exciting smoothie for weight loss? Making this your daily morning could potentially be rewarding. Here’s how to make one.
a. Add one cup of skimmed milk and add the pineapple pieces or even the canned one. Skimmed milk contains less fat and therefore is a highly recommended choice to balance your diet, as compared to the every day normal cow milk. Pineapple on the other hand is a low energy food. It is very low in calories and contains no fat and hence is a good choice for weight loss.
Enjoy a tall glass of smoothie. You can add some honey to it, for the sugary taste.
While these have to be taken care from the diet perspective, there are a couple of things you have to do as physical activity too. We’ll tell you what you need to concentrate on and develop as a habit.
Early Morning Physical Activities for Fast Weight Loss:
Walking is the best way to reduce your weight and is also a healthy habit to have. Walking at different paces are known to burn fat at different levels. If you walk in the normal pace, walk at least for 40 minutes in the morning. Fast walking will have you walking for about 25 minutes a day. This way, a lot of fat is burnt in the body and you will lose considerable weight by the month end.
Did you know getting exposed to sunlight can also help in weight loss? To meet the vitamin D requirement, sunlight will be the source. Studies have also shown vitamin D can help in weight loss. Studies have shown how obese women took Vitamin D supplements, and by the year end, actually lost around 7 pounds of weight.
Another healthy habit that you need to cultivate to lose those extra pounds is to jog for about 30 minutes, which will help you lose 300 calories. One of the most effective weight loss strategy is to jog regularly. You will not only lose weight but will also feel energized. When you jog, you sweat out and thus will push out all the toxins of your body through the sweat. This cardiovascular exercise will help you lose your belly fat in over a month.
At the outset, yoga has to be done with extreme patience. You may see the results only on regular and systematic practice. Nevertheless, the results will gradually show up, surely. Yoga will not only put your weight down but will also relax and mentally relieve you. It will lower your cortisol level considerably. Here is how to do an annanda balasana for weight loss.
- Ananda Balasana is also known as Happy baby pose. This yoga pose will stretch your lower portion of the body and the prime focus is on the hip bones. Start by lying down flat on the floor.
- Inhale and slowly lift both your knees up, by bringing it close to the chest.
- Holding your big toes, pull your arms to the inside of your knee.
- Next, gradually open your hips and widen the stretch.
- Make sure your head is touching the floor and pull back your chin and see to it that the tail bone and sacrum are touching the floor, when you press the heels up.
- Your neck and shoulders should be pressed to the floor, that includes the spine and back too.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds and come back to the starting position and exhale gently.
Remember to do this yoga once every day that will also strengthen your arms and legs.
Stretching is another one to trust on to shed some pounds. Make this your daily morning habit. Follow up stretching with some rigorous cardiovascular exercise. Stretching will prepare your body for some exercises, by warming up the body and increasing the blood circulation. Here is an easy one to do.
- Put your face down and lie on your front.
- Slowly raise your upper body with the help of your arms.
- Stay in the position for about 5 seconds. Make sure you are feeling comfortable.
- Now, carefully turn your body to the right and stay for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the same on the left.
- Come back to the starting position slowly.
This is known as the seal stretch and has to be done every day without fail for an effective weight loss.
While these are some physical activities you could try, here are some additional activities that you do daily, when done in the morning could have significant effects on the body.
A. Swimming: Swimming is an effective physical activity to help you lose weight and burn the fat. This aerobic exercise when done regularly can have significant effect on your weight. It makes use of many muscles in the body and thus helps in strengthening and toning them. The best part is the fun of jumping into the pool. You enjoy it and still manage to lose some weight.
B. Detox Bath:Ever considered a detox bath for weight loss? Detox bath is all about flushing the toxins off your body. It will restore the balance of your body, and when your body is free from toxins, it will help in better absorption and utilizing of nutrients. The property of detox bath is that the ingredients mostly have anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammations in the body will prevent you from losing weight. Hence, it is better to get rid of them. How about using Epsom salt for a detox bath?
- The sulfate and magnesium in Epsom salt will help to expel the toxins from your body. They also help you relax and de-stress which is essential to fall back on a healthy diet regime. When you start, add one cup of Epsom salt in your tub.
- Stay in the water for about 15 minutes, allowing it to be absorbed into the skin.
- After your bath session, it is essential to drink water so that you stay hydrated.
- With time, it is advised to increase the salt to 2 cups in the tub.
It is ideal to take this detox bath once in every two weeks. However, some people recommend a detox bath daily and hence it is best to consult an expert before you arrive at a decision.
C. Massage: Who doesn’t like a good massage, especially after a hectic day at work or even at home? Massages not only rejuvenate your body, but also make you feel relaxed. But did you know there are specific massages targeting weight loss. Here is one you should try.
- A lymphatic massage is a saviour. It is ideal in increasing your metabolism and will help you get relieved from stress and anxiety. It will push out the toxins off your body and cleanse your body. Get this massage done by a professional and you will notice the visible change in your eating habits.
Try to get this massage done at least thrice a weak.
Besides any of these, here are some healthy breakfast you should indulge in.
Early Morning Nutritional Breakfast for Weight loss:
I. Protein Rich Diet: There is no way you are going to lose weight by starving. Your body needs adequate calories to function well and stay healthy. Protein is an essential nutrient for your body. Proteins make you feel full for a long time and so you don’t end up eating more. Here is how you can make a protein rich diet for breakfast, making sure you don’t take in more than what is required.
- a. The classy eggs! Try out scrambled eggs for breakfast, to which you can add some fresh vegetables, with olive or coconut oil for added benefit.
- b. Simply beat the eggs, milk, some salt and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk well.
- c. Now, pour the batter in a medium heated skillet. Drizzle some oil on the sides of the egg batter.
- d. Try removing it by checking the borders of the egg and plate it.
You can also choose a boiled egg for the morning, for a change. But make sure to include this in your diet.
II. Oatmeal: You must have heard oatmeal as a breakfast solution. There is a reason it is chosen. It is not only easy to make, but also is an effective weight loss promoter. Oatmeal has a lot of fibre content and will ensure you stay full for a long time, thereby helping you avoid the tendency to eat often. However, how you eat oats should not be overseen. Remember not to include sugary toppings and prefer to have it with butter milk. Here is a quick recipe.
- a. Boil water and a tablespoon of oats well.
- b. When it starts to boil, add a pinch of salt to it and turn off the flame.
- c. After it cools, add one big glass of buttermilk and mix well.
Drink this everyday and you will see how you lose weight. Buttermilk will detoxify the body and will wash away all the oily food from your tract.
III. A Bowl of Fruits: Another quick brekkie is a healthy fibre rich fruits that you can take every day in the morning. Since they are rich in fibre, you won’t feel hungry for a long time. Fibre is cannot be digested by the human body and this thus will help us feel full for a very long time.
- a. In your bowl, add some blackberries, that are low on sugar and is full of potassium.
- b. Add three cups of watermelon, a can of peaches in juice, one can of pineapple in juice, a cup of strawberries cut nicely, a cup of grapes and two tablespoon of lemon juice.
- c. Add the lemon in the last. When you add the peach and pineapple, make a note to drain off the juice, to more than half.
Eat a bowl of this everyday and make it a part of your healthy diet. Be choosy in the fruits you choose, else it might backfire.
IV. Much on Nuts: Isn’t it great to snack on some nuts in the day time? Well, be choosy of the nuts, so you can not only enjoy but shed some extra pounds too.
- a. To the bowl, add some almonds, which is a natural weight loss nut. While they are high on fats, make sure you only eat two or three, so that you stay full for a while.
- b. To the bowl next, add some peanuts. Peanuts are power packed nuts that has high protein and vitamin E. They are energy rich which means they are filling and will keep you stay full.
- c. Brazil nuts, a few can go into the bowl next. They contain zinc, potassium and riboflavin. Take around 4 or 5 nuts. That will do good!
There are a range of healthy habits you can pick as your morning habit to lose some weight. The biggest thing to keep in mind is you follow all of them religiously. Watch out what you eat and make sure to get involved in some exercise. It just requires some patience and strict adherence for about 3 months. In the end, you will not only lose weight, but would have developed healthier ways to lead life!