A year in today’s world is incomplete without a slight bacterial invasion hindering your work process and routine for a few important days. The bacteria are recognized as one of the oldest living microorganisms that are made of both pros and cons. While some good bacteria actually help us continue the work process of a healthy functioning body, for the better part there is a section of bacteria that actually hinders the healthy functioning by introducing infection into the system thereby leading to bacterial infections. Now to aid such an infection, once again we feel blessed that the modern day medicines have now become more powerful and advanced with multipurpose relief that would help you deal with these infections better, in a more stable way possibly. One such medicinal drug that should be mentioned right now would be doxycycline.
Doxycycline is a form of tetracycline antibiotic where tetracycline would be an apt word for anything that can cure any sort of infection, here in this regard, the source being the bacteria. This antibiotic usually works by eliminating proliferation prospects of bacteria. The bacteria being a living organism using the human body as a host immediately starts reproducing and multiplying after inhabiting the infection area. This growth prospects soon increases the infections and within no time the infection is on full blast causing reactions and side effects. It is here that this medicine actually prevents the outburst and growth of these infections while definitely killing the existing ones to eliminate any prospect of bacterial growth churning there.
The first forms of bacterial infection maybe in the form of severe acne, or sexually transmitted gonorrhea or even a simple urinary tract infection. The range in between can also deal with minor throat ear infections, intestinal infections, bacterial invasion in your stomach causing disturbances like food poisoning or even malaria.
DOXYCYCLINE DRUG BENEFITS:
Doxycycline is a infection treatment medicine that combats heavy sings of bacterial infection be it anywhere any place. Usually these bacterial infections are a common cause if in smaller more compact sections and can easily be treated if noticed at the early stages before expanding. Once the infection starts to multiply chances are that your once simple infection may take a serious turn towards worse. To know the full extent of this drug, here is a list of the benefits that it can offer to you.
- Common Infections: common bacterial infections may be in the form of ear or throat infections which are in fact one of the most common forms of bacterial infection. The ear and the throat canal are connected and thereby affected area in one hub usually doesn’t take much time to move on to the next. These infections are mellow in nature on usual days and with immediate treatment it can be cured right away.
- Genital Infections: genital infections in the form of Chlamydia or gonorrhea can be induced or encouraged by these bacterial infections and would definitely be a fatal cause if not rectified or looked after at the right time. Even the minute ones like a UTI threat should immediately be treated using doxycycline dose.
- Periodontal Infections: the word periodontal is related to the gums and here one again bacterial infection may cause irregular gum pain along with soft bleeding and intense weakness or sensitivity. By preventing the growth of bacteria within the infection, the situation is kept within containment while the drug also proceeds to kill the infection present.
- Skin Problems: skin problems are often yet another form of physical infection that shows up in the skin in the form of rashes, redness, peeling or skin and the most common severe pimple problem. Doxycycline for acne treats the acne by reducing the bacterial growth and eliminating the existing ones in them. The skin problems may also start with excessive itching or even problems like Rosacea, a skin condition which too can be treated with this drug.
- Food Poisoning: food poisoning or malaria and diarrhea are certain disorders that too can be handled using doxycycline as an option.
Internal Infections: when we talk about internal infections we are just covering a wide base inside the body like respiratory infections or infections concerning the liver, kidney or intestines. Your stomach infections are also lined up as explained above and thus this is called a tetracycline antibiotic that takes care of every other internal infection caused by bacterial growth.
HOW TO USE DOXYCYCLINE:
Firstly doxycycline is a medicinal drug that can be found in different packages, there are capsules, tablets, topical solutions, oral suspension and chewable tablets. It is up to the doctor now to put you into the right kind of medication required for you. based on your medical requirement it is important that you abide by the doctor’s prescription guidance.
If prescribed to be taken orally, the tablets or the doxycycline capsules should be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water that you can use to gulp it down. Never break, splice or chew on a tablet or capsule unless it is the chewable version. Usually the doctor advises you to take this medicine empty stomach at the starting of the day and it is of your best interest if you keep an hour or two in between your morning medicine and your first meal. Also, do not lie down right after taking in the medicine. In case of oral suspensions shake the bottle well and measure the dosage very aptly.
Often this medicine can also be taken in IV form using a syringe to inject it right into the affected area. However, this is strictly for the doctors or the trained professionals and should not be practiced at home.
It is up to your doctor who will choose your medicine dosage for you. The doctor has to keep a few pointers in mind while prescribing it to you like the body weight, age or even the medical requirements which matters. For starters or beginners, the dosage should be kept at its minimum while the dose for geriatric units should always be carefully placed art a flexible spot so that over dosage or side effects doesn’t hinder the treatment procedure.
The base dosage would be limited at doxycycline 100mg which is a daily dosage unit for general infections as such. Wait for the results to show up and if the result is not satisfactory enough, of course branch out to a higher dosage provided your doctor feels the same way too. The higher dosage can be measured at 200mg which should be divided in two halves and should be consumed with ample time allotted in between the doses.
For genital infections, especially for the women, keep the dosage at a minimum level like 100mg but if there are other chronic or acute infections that are speedily multiplying, you can lift the dosage up to 300mg but only on doctor’s prescription. The same can be said for other periodontal or dental infections where you need to treat it with a basic dose.
For the pediatric dose keep the dosage at a base even lower than the base unit. For children the base dose is around 45mg which can be increased up to 100mg. only at emergency situations can you use 200mg as a bacterial infection treatment.
This product contains inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions and therefore you should strictly refrain from consuming this medicine if you are already following a course of medication on whole allergy drugs. Allergy medicines react a lot with infection drugs.
Also, doxycycline is strictly avoided during pregnancy terms so if you are considering motherhood any time soon please keep your wits about yourself since this medication actually passes on to the drugs and causes withdrawal effects which may affect the baby post birth. This drug is also known to pass on to your breast milk which can directly affect the child while in the womb.
If you are set for surgery any time soon, consult your surgeon or doctor about taking this medicine especially if it’s a heart surgery. The same can be said for your dentist where you need to let him know about your dosage if your infection is pertaining to the gums.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER MEDICINES:
Being an antibiotic for pain itself, doxycycline uses the prevent the bacteria expansion trick to contain the infection and might often leave an impact on the other medicines hence causing counter reactions with them. If you are consuming any course of infection or pain reliever to destroy the bacterial growth in you, refrain from mixing the two antibiotics as they always react.
Also, alcohol or drug abuse alongside the medication course may react a bit too harsh with this as does birth control pills. Usually these antibiotics do not offend the hormone system but precautions against it should always be kept.
DOXYCYCLINE DRUG SIDE EFFECTS:
A drug can always have repercussion effects on a body based on the dosage, the fluency and the body’s compatibility. Much like the benefits, every drug has a set of side effects listed to its name and many a times, these side effects are often normally cause adverse counter reactions which should immediately be reported to the doctor. Once you take in this medicine here are some of the common side effects that might show up while you’re on the course.
- Sensitivity to Sun: one of the most talked about side effect to doxycycline would be the increased sensitivity of your skin under sunlight. Skin becomes very fragile and would often resort to nasty sun burns, redness and even ugly tan patches. this can be protected by treating your skin with sun protective lotions and always avoiding the sun as much as possible.
- Allergic Symptoms: allergic symptoms may arise in the case of drug incompatibility that your body might face. At this time, the allergic reactions may show up as swelling of the face or the neck along with redness or heavy blotching rash on the skin. this can either be an initial sign of your body getting used to the new product too.
- Appetite loss and Change in Bowels: side effects of doxycycline can also be in the form of decreased appetite or change in your bowels. You might experience clayey consistency in your bowels.
- Blurry Visions and Bleeding Gums: adverse side effects can be in the form of blurring of vision too. If you are using this medicine for periodontal problems, the adverse side effect to incompatibility or overdose can be in the form of bleeding gums.
- Cold Chills and Nausea: nausea is quite a common side effect and nothing to be concerned about unless the vomiting persists for long. Adverse effects may also result in blood in your vomit and along with this cold sweats and chills down your spine would be a terrible combination.
- Breathing Difficulty and Heavy Chest: difficulty in breathing may persist with wheezing troubles and feelings of heaviness in your chest. Along with this heartburns may occur at periodic intervals. in case these symptoms get too out of hand or continue for too long, please consult the doctor immediately.
- Ulcerous Mouth: during the course of this medicine often you might wake up to soft white sores or ulcers in your mouth which is definitely a sign of lack of vitamin in your system. however, this can also be an incompatibility or over dose sign by your bacteria cure medication too.
Doxycycline is a heavy antibiotic that can cure any sort of bacteria infused infection be it on your gums, skin, internal of the stomach and even on your private areas. The drug works by eliminating further growth of the bacteria on the infected site while proceeding to kill of the remaining thereby allowing smooth sailing.